Thursday, July 16, 2015

Simple "core" (AKA abs) EVER.. for real, it's easy

Dude This is so simple... Dont' make it hard.. and let's break down HOW to plank....  Planking is hard.. It is all the rage right now and there are plank challenges where people do this for minutes at a time!!
Yeah them
Planking CORRECTLY is hard.

Many clients cannot plank correctly for more then 5 seconds flat (meaning hands and toes on ground) So here is an option!!
Find a park bench, a table, a couch, yada yada and use it!!


 Notice that my hands are directly below my shoulders, you could even argue that they are lower than my shoulder. I would say.. THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE. You hands should be NO HIGHER than your shoulders... so my elbows are at the nipple line (oooooo she said nipple) and the lower park of my rib cage is over the end of the seat.....

WOW think about that...... my ABS are almost over the bench, my chest is 100% over the bench. My head is most definitely over the bench seat. My head IS NOT by my hands!!!

So you get in this position and you hold it as long as you can... then KEEP YOUR HANDS AND FEET IN THE SAME PLACE AND STRETCH!!



My hands and feel have not moved, but I am stretching and taking a break... Hold this for as long as you held the plank! SOOOOOO the longer you plank, the longer you get to rest!!!!

my hips are pushed back, so I do feel a nice stretch in my hammy's (back of leg) and my arms are stretched forward, relieving back pain... THIS IS A GREAT STRETCH FOR ANYONE WHO SITS!!

So there you go, nice and simple Ab exercise!!



Here is your workout!!! complete 3 sets of planks and stretches, then take a 30 second break: then add 20 jumping jacks, 10 second plank (do this 3 times) and take a 30 second break then finish the workout with another 3 sets of planks and stretches!!!

Have a super week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment