Monday, August 10, 2015

I have NO time to stretch... then MAKE IT

I hear (and sadly have been guilty of) "I have no time to stretch"
LIES
I have taught group ex for about 25 years and have tried every trick in the book to get y'all to stretch when class is done.. I have stopped the cardio or lifting/strength portion 15 min before the scheduled class time and Y'ALL LEAVE! I incorporated stretching with AB's (Pilates anyone?) and you complain.

YOU GUYS
HATE
TO
STRETCH

Now I have worked with Professional Athletes, including linesmen ---BIG BULKY MAN-MANS --- and THEY STRETCH. Goodness, an NFL center is more flexible than you!!

But, I know..... it's like this: you can tell me to eat kale chips all day and you know what? I ain't even gonna buy them cuz I am not going to eat them... So I can do everything I can to try and get you to stretch, but you are not going to do it until you get hurt.

BUT on the outside chance that today is the day you have decided.... "well I will do 2 stretches for myself", then I have them.. You are ready! I am so excited for you!!!

DO THIS NOW BEFORE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND!!

Simple: stand with your whole body (check out the feet, even the toes are facing the table) and get your leg up on the table!
THIS WORKS GREAT AT A DINNER PARTY YOU DON'T WANT TO BE AT, OR YOU ARE HOSTING AND PEOPLE WON'T LEAVE!! hahahah time to go folks, no really it is midnight and I still have to do the dishes... for real, can you go to YOUR house? well okay then, I am going to stretch!

hahahaha.. sometimes I get silly

back to it: you just flop your leg up there and hang out for a commercial break.
second stretch is pic 2... bend your knee 
BREATHE
it hurts in a GOOD way (that is like when the doctor says you are gonna feel some pressure :) )

now look at pic 3. Don't be this person.. back all rounded, head down... O.M.Gosh! stop that is not stretching anything in any way that you could ever want to stretch! geesh

Have fun and STRETCH!


No comments:

Post a Comment